The Diamond profile - inspired by steel
Beau-Roc customers recognize our distinctive Diamond body design as a major step forward in dump body engineering. The Diamond profile, Hardox® 450 steel and Beau-Roc manufacturing methods come together to provide truck operators and fleets with:
- Higher payload capacity
- Lower operating costs
- Longer equipment life
- Faster delivery
The Diamond body profile was first conceived in 2004. SSAB, the Swedish manufacturer of Hardox steels, had recently introduced a new Brinnel 450 steel formulated to optimize the material’s bending strength and wear resistance. The new steel opened doors to new production methods. The company envisioned a design that achieved its rigidity, not with reinforcement posts, but with long shallow bends in the body panels.
“This will be the dump body of our future,” said Beau-Roc engineers. They refined the design, adapted the production process and, within just 2 years, the Diamond profile represented more than 50% of all Beau-Roc sales.
What makes the Diamond profile worth more than old-style dump bodies?
- eliminating posts and braces reduces weight without losing cubic capacity; you can load more and earn more on every trip
- the entire dump body is fabricated in wear-resistant Hardox 450 steel, providing the very best in durability from end to end
- its light weight and sleek design achieve fuel savings on every mile – as much as 7% in some tests*
- the Diamond body will flex instead of breaking under normal load and road stresses; so it suffers less wear and needs fewer repairs
- the one-piece sidewall allows no catch points for loads to hang, which also saves cleaning and maintenance time
- in the factory, the Diamond design eliminates many time-consuming welds, assembly steps and inspection points, so we can deliver on customer orders faster
- the facets of the Diamond sidewall provide a clean smooth facing for signs or decals – the look of your truck will always reflect the high quality of your service